(I used this noise file provided for us to create an interesting backdrop for the procedural shaders)
For this displacement shader I borrowed some code from fundza.com to help create a base for it. I then edited values and parameters to create the image that is shown below. I then changed the amplituded, frequency, and layers of the displacement to create a more interesting shape.
For this procedural texture I reference the Advanced Renderman textbook to get a bearing on where I Needed to start with the code. I then began tinkering with the code to create interesting results. This process was a lot of changing a few values then checking to see what the output was. I did realize that the frequency and amplitude have the most effect on the overall look of the texture.